We hope you to be there for the 2nd edition of On fire! Experimental Archaeology at the EFEO center in Siem Reap.
This is the schedule from the 3rd until the 10th of December:
- 2 firings of the dragon-kiln to cook the Angkorian pottery replicas (firing is a lengthy process that takes between 24 and 36 hours),
- The potteries will then be left to cool for a whole day before being unloaded at the end of the firing,
- Sale of the Angkorian pottery replicas,
- One iron ore smelting in the furnace,
- An exhibition showing how potteries are made around the world and in Cambodia will be open to the public.
Archaeology students from Phnom Penh will be attending a seminar to learn about those processes.
The On fire ! Archeaologists team